The Controller is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions, integrating finance operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, ensuring organizational financial stability, and basic human resource administration and oversight. The Controller will complete monthly financials including but not limited to: accounts receivable/payable, payroll, benefits, tracking, planning, forecasting, research, tax mitigation, compliance, reporting, advising on capital structure and advising all things financial. In addition, the Controller will administer or oversee the HRIS management and compensation and benefits. Overall, this position will assume responsibility for compliance oversight in accordance with the mission, core values, and strategic vision for the Company.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Ensure all customer payables are accurate and promptly processed.
- Ensure all customer receivables are processed and maintained.
- Prepare, analyze and communicate accounting data and produce financial reports on a timely and regular basis.
- Execute timely and accurate payroll processing for all TTI SI companies.
- Monitor the overall financial performance and health of the company.
- Practice and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Improve systems and procedures through the use of technology, best practices, and initiation of corrective actions to the accounting and payroll processes.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements and efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans to support the achievement of the overall business financial objectives.
- Develop and implement compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Monitor and update the HRIS systems with all employee information.
- Work with outside CPA to ensure timely compliance with accounting and tax preparation requirements.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all invoicing processes to maintain efficient, accurate, and timely procedures.
- Monitor and report aging of accounts receivable to management.
- Manage Corporate Expense program including oversight of company credit cards, statements, cash receipts, and reconciliations.
- Oversee and manage royalty and compensation plans and payouts for eligible VAAs.
- Gather data for annual total compensation statements to employees.
- Support employee benefits programs to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, and financial impact.
- Process employee onboarding and separation items as it relates to pay, insurance, tax forms, etc. and through HRIS system.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment, accounting, and tax laws.
- Develop internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration and other activities.
- Establish and maintain financial controls with the accounting department.
- Analyze and present financial reports and risk analysis on a regular basis.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Create reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Manage, process, and maintain all payroll, 401K processes, bonuses and annual compensation review processes.
- Establish and maintain customer refund monitoring and reporting processes and drive corrective actions when deviations are identified.
- Manage accounting data provided to external CPA to prepare financial statements.
- Manage the cash forecast with actual-to-forecasted results updated and reported weekly.
- Work with Accounting Software and representatives to implement needed changes.
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and human resource team members.
- Set the vision for accounting team members to build an understanding of how their goals and activities connect to Corporate strategic priorities.
- Support a culture that exhibits a bias for high performance and personal accountability.
- Stay current with trends and compliance requirements in areas of sales tax, payroll tax, insurance and financial reporting.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Proven knowledge of HR and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations (e.g. payroll and benefits, A/R, A/P, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Ability to analyze data including but not limited to accounting and forecasting best practices, and ability to compile report outputs for a variety of audiences.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
- Strength of character, ethics, commitment, and reliability.
- Highly skilled at running and analyzing reports.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work closely with a senior leadership/executive team.
- Understanding of economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Understanding of multi-state income and sales tax compliance.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization, time-management and priority setting skills.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work inside the corporate office in a climate controlled facility.
- This position may be requested to work additional hours/overtime, including weekends, for project launches, special events or conferences.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- This position needs to occasionally move about the inside of the office to access files, office machinery, and meeting rooms.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery.
- This position frequently communicates verbally and in writing with other employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CPA, CGA or CA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role with at least 5 years experience in human resources
- Advanced computer skills in NetSuite, MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
OTHER POSITION CONSIDERATIONS
TTI Success Insights is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.